Mosque Mlangi lies above the 1.000 meter
square land that divided into the main part, front part, library, and the front yard.
Entering the gate, you will find the stairs to go down that shows that the mosque is lower than the ground.
On the left and right side, the fort surrounds the mosque. While the north side, there is a meeting room.
The architect of Mosque looks similar with other pathok negara such as Plosokuning. It adapts Javanese architecture that use wooden pillars, that is believed it used to have 16 pillars including four of them in the main area of the mosque.
In 1985, it was renovated, however the renovation must not change the original building. For the reason of development, it was enlarged and changed by adding its floor. As the result, the mosque still look like the original, though there is a 20 meters tower in front of the mosque.
Recently, only some part of it that is still original. One of them is top the mosque that is believed same with the mosque Demak. On the left and right side, there are 17 jasmine.
From 1955, it was given by the people of Mlangi since it was managed by the Palace of Yogyakarta. KH Zainudin dan KH. Masduki, as the representative of the people then took care the mosque that later on became Masjid Jami Mlangi.
After being taken care by the people of Mlangi, it has nine religious school (pesantren) led by religious pupil who still link with K. H. Nur Iman. More than 1.000 students learned in the school.